Sunday, August 10, 2008

laundry tips

This is a tip that I got from Eve Lin years ago. You don't really have to hand wash bras. If you throw them in a mesh bag (along with your half socks), you can toss them into the washing machine. I always take the bras out to hang dry though, the half socks you can toss in the dryer though.

Also, I reuse dryer sheets. You can use one sheet for many dryer loads! I store it in my mesh bag and before I dump everything in the washing machine, I take it out so I don't accidentally wash it.

OK, I've got one more. You can toss the detergent measuring cup into your wash, it'll be fine. I used to just use the cup to measure, then I'd wash it out in the sink, but that was before I knew you could toss it into the washing machine without any problems.

Oh and another efficiency tip! I tend to purchase clothes that don't bleed. When I do laundry I don't separate the colors. Everything just gets washed together. Additionally, I avoid articles that are dry clean only.

No comments: